If you are looking for a fun play space for cold winter days, look no further than the Prospect Park Zoo. The Zoo’s newly renovated Discover Center for Children is open on weekends for families to camp out, dress up and track scat!
The redesigned space includes:
· A campsite where parents and children can read nature books
· Activity boxes for children to explore nature and wildlife items with magnifying glasses
· A woodland stage with puppets and costumes for kids to perform their own wildlife plays
· An area where kids can make their own animal-themed magnetic tangram puzzles
· An area just for tots to play with foam blocks and stuffed animals
The new Discovery Center maintains several of the popular activity areas that zoo-goers have enjoyed in the past including the striped mice, great horned owl, and mud turtle exhibits, as well as the zoo vet center for kids and the scoop on poop exhibit.
The Prospect Park Zoo’s Discovery Center is open on weekends from 11am to 3pm. During the week: school groups, play groups, and camps can reserve a private visit for up to 35 people for $150. Price includes the cost of zoo admission and an educational live animal encounter. The Prospect Park Zoo is located at 450 Flatbush Avenue in Prospect Park, Brooklyn. For further information, call 718-399-7339 or visit www.prospectparkzoo.com. The Discovery Center is also available for birthday parties for kids ages 2 to 8.For more information or to book a private visit, call 718-399-7327 or email email@example.com.
Pricing: $8.00 for adults, $6 for seniors 65 and older, $5 for kids 3-12, free for children under 3. Zoo hours are 10 A.M. to 5 P.M. weekdays, and to 5:30 P.M. on weekends and holidays, April through October. 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. November through March.