Alice Kaltman, one of our Experts in parent coaching, is doing her classic talk on “promoting self-esteem” this Saturday. I can’t tell you how many times I have referred to her advice on everything from sibling rivalry to how to fight fair with your partner in some of my most difficult parenting moments…like, um today.
We all want kids who feel good about themselves but is there such a thing as too much praise? How does constructive criticism affect your child’s sense of self? What’s the right age for what? Find out by joining Alice at her talk in DUMBO.
Promoting Healthy Self-Esteem
Saturday, October 13, 10 AM – 11:30 AM :
at Abundant Learning
68 Jay Street Suite #513
Brooklyn, New York 11201
Pricing: $25 dollars per participant, $40 for couples and/or friend pairs. Please email Alice at info(at)familymattersny.com or call 917.509.9531 to reserve your spot(s)!
Other posts by Alice:
- What’s Wrong with Siblings? Why Do/Don’t They Get Along?!
- Fighting in Front of Your Kids: How to Fight Fair
- Why Kids Don’t Hear “No”
- Sharing: should we expect our kids to do it?
- Teaching Kids Tolerance
- Parenting: which style is “you”- how to work it out
- Kids regressing? Spiraling is okay
- iphones, blackberries? Why the parent in you should put them down
- The Parenting Res
- To Work or Not To Work?
- Regression Over the Holidays
- How to Help Siblings Get Along
- Should you lie to your kids?
- Can you get kids to do what you want?
- How can family rituals help?
- In defense of dads: roughhousing is good
- Know-it-all-mom and dad
Alice Kaltman, L.C.S.W. has been working with parents and kids since 1988. In 2006, she co-founded Family Matters NY. FMNY is a parenting coaching service for Brooklyn and Manhattan families, providing support through home and office visits. Alice lives in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn with her teen-age daughter and husband, the sculptor Daniel Wiener. She also writes fiction for kids, and dances professionally in her spare (?) time. Write to Alice at firstname.lastname@example.org.