- 327 E 5th St, Brooklyn, NY 1
- Church Ave. F & G, B103, B69, B67 & B35 buses
- (347) 735-6744
- Visit Website
- Send Email
Aikido is a non-competitive martial art. Children learn how not to fight. Instead, children practice compassion, awareness, and cooperation as means towards self-improvement and self-protection.
The Aiki Kids course is a fun introductory Aikido experience for kids ages 4 – 6.
Students experience Aikido movements, principles and techniques all while practicing with the following objectives in mind.
- Following directions
- Acting calmly
- Working with a partner
- Experiencing and participating in the “culture” of a traditional Japanese martial art
- Practicing Aikido movements
- Exploring spatial awareness
Classes begin with a bow in to welcome the teacher and practice. We warm-up with various movements and exercises and then engage in up to three different activities. Activities are aligned to our core objectives and are designed to be fun and engaging. Class ends by bowing out and all participants sharing thanks to each other.