Who wants to be in the kitchen forever during the summertime? Not us! We want to play, stretch, laugh and live to the max- however that translates in our lives each day. A great recipe for these types of evenings is a tasty turkey panini sandwich with apple, cheddar and arugula; It’s delightfully simple! You know how children love grilled cheese sandwiches? This one is even better…
3 tsp plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
3 tsp stone ground mustard
2 whole wheat sandwich thins
3 oz turkey breast
1 oz cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
½ gala apple, sliced
½ cup arugula
- Heat your panini maker (Note: this is a secret but you can also use a waffle iron).
- In a bowl, stir together the mustard and yogurt.
- Spread the yogurt sauce on both halves of each slice of bread.
- Divide the turkey breast, cheese, apple and arugula evenly between the two sandwiches.
- Grill the sandwiches on the panini maker until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted.
This is one of the easiest recipes to make, and kids love it! You can also definitely add tomato, or anything else that you fancy. A sliced pickle if you’re pregnant (or not pregnant)? The sky’s the limit.