A Child Grows is hosting it’s 2nd Annual Brooklyn Camp Expo on Sunday, March 26 at Williamsburg Northside Lower School and it’s an event you don’t want to miss. And it’s FREE! Save the date and register today.
Looking for summer camp for your kiddos? We know: it can be tough to find the right fit. But, at the Brooklyn Camp Expo, you can get lots of information to make the right decision for your family. Check out these top reasons to attend the Expo on March 26.
- It’s FREE. Let’s face it; living in New York City (as awesome as it is) means you pay a premium for just about everything. But, not this time! Our Camp Expo is free, kid-friendly and informative. Worried about getting to Williamsburg on a weekend? Never fear; the Expo is located just steps from the L train at Bedford Avenue, and, if you’re driving, it’s just off the BQE. Fight for parking if you must, or just jump in a Lyft and call it a day.
- You can speak directly to Camp Directors. There is no better way to get a feel for the way a summer camp is run than by meeting the director of the camp and asking detailed questions. Not sure what to ask? We’ve got you covered there, too, with this post from last month with the top 10 questions to ask the Camp Director.
- Learn more about the options for camps in lots of different categories, including arts, nature, music, dance, and more! There is a full field of camps and activities out there, and the options can be overwhelming, but at the Expo, you can learn about camps with a wide variety of different themes to help pare down your choices.
- It’ll be fun for the kiddos! Many of the camps that will be attending the Expo will have interactive activities at their tables for your kids to enjoy. Plus (and this is one of our favorite highlights), register your kiddo in advance for a complimentary 45-minute interactive robot building workshop (ages 5+), provided by Brooklyn Robot Foundry (12:15p, 1:00p & 1:45p). To sign up your child for one of these workshops, click here.
- Raffles! Some of our participating camps will be raffling off free and discounted weeks at their tables. Don’t miss the opportunity to save a little dough in your summer camp budget.
Mollie Michel is the Editor-in-Chief of A Child Grows, a South Philly resident and a Philadelphia public school parent. A recovering non-profit professional, Mollie is also an experienced birth doula, Certified Lactation Counselor, and the mom of two awesome girls and a sweet pit bull named Princess Cleopatra. In her spare time, she is usually trying to figure out how Pinterest works, training for a(nother) half-marathon with her dog at her side, or simply trying to keep up with her increasingly wily daughters.