Lacrosse is America’s fastest growing sport and Brooklyn is just catching up: we have had one lacrosse organization, Brooklyn Crescents Youth Lacrosse Club, for some time (since 2006), but this fall there is a new one: the Brooklyn Battery Lacrosse Club. Both clubs are run by volunteers whose mission is to bring lacrosse to Brooklyn and this fall they are gearing up for more students than ever.
Both programs begin in early September for the fall season. You can start your children earlier at Brooklyn Crescents though: they accept kids aged 4 years and up while at Brooklyn Battery all starters must be aged 5 years.
More information about each is below:
Fall season runs on Sundays from Sept. 9th through Nov. 18th. Field location is at Poly Prep in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.
(Click on a program for more information)
The Brooklyn Battery Lacrosse Club Youth Fall Program
The Fall 2012 season will begin Friday September 7th and will run until the weekend after Thanksgiving. They are scheduled to participate in a tournament/jamboree on the Saturday after Thanksgiving in Westchester County, NY. Their Fall session will consist of an indoor session Friday afternoon and an an outdoor session on Sunday afternoon. Outside practice is at Prospect Park parade grounds and indoor practice is at Bedford-Stuyvesant YMCA.
Info and Regisration here:
- U7 Co-Ed: All players must be 6 years old or younger on August 31st, 2012
- Boys/Girls U9: All players must be 8 years old or younger on August 31st, 2012
- Boys/Girls U11: All players must be 10 years old or younger on August 31st, 2012
- Boys/Girls U13: All players must be 12 years old or younger on August 31st, 2012
- Boys/Girls U15: All players must be 14 years old or younger on August 31st, 2012