Most baseball teams start training in the spring and some continue into the summer. So, if you miss the boat in the spring, you are on the bench for all of summer. Not with the South Brooklyn Baseball League (SBBL), a league run by parent volunteers. They offer plenty of leagues, clinics and sporting fun all summer long their inexpensive or free sporting sessions. (Donations accepted of course!)
Most clinics or leagues below meet at either Van Voorhees Field (on Columbia St, near Atlantic Ave, in Cobble Hill) or DiMattina Field (on Hicks St, near Atlantic Ave, in Carroll Gardens).
The group is offering
- Recreational Baseball (ages 5-10 years) from July 7-August 28th. Weeknights or weekends. $75 which includes uniforms and umpire fees.
- Pony Baseball Clinic (ages 6-8 years) for those who are working on skills. Begins July 8th. No fee (as far as I could find out).
- Instructional Division (4-5 years) for those just starting out.
- T-Ball for Tots (2-3 years) meets for a shorter time and emphasis is on batting.
- Travel Baseball (7-16 years) is available for summer (July-August) and fall (September-October).
- Softball for Girls (8-16 years) from July 7-August 26th. $75 which includes uniforms and umpire fees.
- Softball Pitching Clinic (8-16 years) on Tuesday nights for $150 for 10 sessions.
- Summer Flag Football for boys and girls (5-10 years) is a new summer program from July 7-August 26. Fee is $75
You must submit a registration form to sign up, but there are no deadlines to register and you can register at any point in the summer.