A Beauty Bar Moment: Kids’ Lip Balm Recipe
Need a fun, easy project to fill these last two days of summer? Try Lola’s lip balm recipe!
Lip Balm Recipe
Hi! My name is Lola. I am 10 years old, and I live in Fort Greene, Brooklyn with my cat, Choochoo and my mom, Lydia. Some of my favorite pastimes are crafting, writing, concocting beauty treatments, and making this particular lip balm.
Today I am going to share with you one of my favorite beauty recipes. It is very simple, and extremely fun! The ingredients are also really easy to get, if you don’t already have them. The other good thing to know is that it is non-toxic. Here it is!
- Vaseline/ Petroleum Jelly (you can get this at any pharmacy.)
- Crayola crayons or non-toxic Lipstick shavings (its is important you use Crayola crayons if you go the crayon route, because Crayola is non-toxic and safe for your lips. If you use lipstick shavings, try Burt’s Bees or another safe brand).
- Take a pan fill a fourth of it with water and turn on the fire.Then place a ramekin inside the water:
- Put your ingredients in the ramekin:
3. Melt all the ingredients, then pour the solution into a lip balm pot. Wait for it to dry… and, then, Voila you’re done!!