It may be cold outside, but it’s never too early to start looking for the perfect summer camp for your child. New York Family Camp Fairs (the largest in NYC) is coming to Cobble Hill on Sunday Feb. 12th from 12-3pm at the Brooklyn Heights Montessori School, 9 Bergen Street. Learn about day and sleepaway camps and get your questions answered by over 30 camp directors!
Summer camps have always been a rite of passage for children. For generations, summer camps have provided children’s first experience of community beyond their immediate family and neighborhoods. Summer camps give children their first taste of overcoming fears and learning how to swim, sitting around campfires at night and falling in love with the art of storytelling.
Whether your child is attending camp for the first time or can be considered a veteran camper, you want to make sure you are choosing the right camp for your child. Do you want to look at general camps or specialty camps? If you’re focused on day camps, do you want to look in the city or out of the city? And if it’s sleepaway camp time, there are so many wonderful options to explore near and far. Where to start? The New York Family Camp Fairs, presented in partnership with the American Camp Association-NY/NJ, will be in Cobble Hill on Sunday, Feb 12th at 12:00 PM.
Why attending the Camp Fair in Cobble Hill is important to you and your child:
- Time Saver! You and your child can discover a wide array of top day and sleepaway camps in one convenient setting. More than 30 camp directors will be there.
- Get your questions answered immediately by camp directors, which will help you decide which kinds of camps out there might be right for your child.
- Don’t wait! Now is when many interested families start doing their camp research because spots fill up.
- “Meet The Ultimate Camp Expert!” At every Camp Fair, the ACA’s long-time Camp Specialist, Renee Flax, is at your service to discuss any questions you might have about researching camps, speaking to directors, and coming up with a short list of the best camps for your child.
- Comfort! Many people look back at their camp time as some of their fondest memories of childhood. You’ll take comfort in knowing that you’ve tried to do the same for your child by finding a camp that’s a good fit.
Confirm your family’s complimentary registration today by clicking here , and get ready for summer fun!
This post is sponsored by New York Family Camp Fairs. Thank you for supporting the businesses that support A Child Grows.